Missed the London Law Expo 2022? Listen to a recording of this live presentation at the London Law Expo 2022 simply by clicking the play button above.
Presentation Title: ‘Leading in a Time of Change’
- Changing landscape & regulation for larger firms
Jeremy Barton – General Counsel – KPMG
Jeremy Barton is General Counsel of KPMG UK, one of the largest member firms of KPMG’s global network providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Leading a team of 45 people, he is responsible for legal and corporate governance matters, and advises the Chairman and Board on practice protection, strategic M&A and legal and regulatory risks. He is a member of the Executive Committee. Before joining KPMG Jeremy was:
- General Counsel: The Boston Consulting Group, leading a global team of lawyers in the USA, Europe and Asia-Pacific, with heavy focus on governance and risk management;
- General Counsel: Ernst & Young Global, driving transformation of internal governance and legal structures;
- Deputy General Counsel: Andersen Worldwide and General Counsel – EMEIA, where he led a 50-strong team of lawyers in the dismantling of the Andersen organisation in 2002-3;
- Corporate lawyer: Norton Rose Fulbright in London and Paris.
Graduating in law from Cambridge, Jeremy obtained his Law Society Finals in London after a break to compete for Great Britain as an international athlete. He now lives outside London with his wife and daughters, taking time to run and bike in the Surrey Hills.