Legal Tech Incubators – MDR Lab
During this exclusive Podcast, Netlaw Media is delighted to present ‘British Legal Technology Forum 2019’ speaker Nick West – Chief Technology Officer & Director of MDR LAB, Mishcon de Reya.
In an exclusive interview ahead of his participation on a panel discussing ‘Tech Incubators (The Accelerators)‘, Nick answers a few interesting questions:
- What is your role at MDR Lab?
- How have you seen the evolution of legal tech incubators over the past few years?
- Clearly you feel this is vital for the legal industry. Why should this matter for them?
- What type of patterns and trends are currently being detected and how does MDR Lab set itself apart in this growing global phenomenon?
- With the start-ups that you work with, how do you see these technologies transforming legal services? Is there any advice you can give for individuals looking to enter the legal space?
- As a panelist on the Accelerator panel with Prof. Richard Susskind at the British Legal Technology Forum, what are you looking forward to?
Nick West – Chief Technology Officer & Director of MDR LAB, Mishcon de Reya
Nick is Chief Technology Officer at Mishcon de Reya and Director of MDR LAB, a programme for tech start-ups in the legal space.
Nick is one of the foremost experts in LegalTech and the application of AI to the legal market, having spent the majority of his career working at the forefront of innovation in the legal industry. Formerly Managing Director of Axiom in the UK and Director of LexisNexis’s UK Legal Business, Nick’s expertise lies in the field of technology, knowledge and new business models in the legal sector. Nick began his career as a competition lawyer at Linklaters and then as a strategy consultant at McKinsey & Co.
Nick is a Visiting Professor at the University of Law, where he lectures on Law, Business and Technology and an Advisor to BPP Law School on LegalTech Innovation.
Roger Kennedy, Professional Radio Presenter and Journalist
Roger Kennedy is a professional Radio Presenter and Journalist with over 25 years experience working full-time for top UK radio stations.
Over the years Roger has presented live and recorded programmes on a wide range of specialist topics, including Motoring, Business, Personal Finance, Consumer Electronics, Holidays, Legal Issues, Medical, and many more. He has also been Head of Programming, Features Producer and Programme Controller at several different radio stations.
For 4 years Roger presented Decision makers, a weekly Business and Finance programme, covering all subjects to do with personal finance and running a business. Roger would get advice on the programme from top Bankers, Solicitors, Entrepreneurs and Politicians. Guests included such names as Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, William Hague and Tony Blair.