Leading in a Period of Transformational Change – The War For Talent
Masterclasses designed to support law firm leaders and managers with the knowledge and skills required to create agile and high performing teams. Offering expert advice to support businesses in developing cross functional growth strategies, with a focus on operational efficiencies, performance and growth.
- Location: The Bristol Hotel, Room 2
- Time: 09:00 – 11:00
- Duration: 2 hours
In a world where the pace of change is accelerating fast, where collaboration is essential and where great leaders need to also be great followers, we need to learn some new skills and update old ones. Effective leaders at firm or team level, in business functions or client-facing practice areas, are those who can flex their behaviour and enable others to contribute their best effort. When we ask a lot of others, we must first ask a lot of ourselves.
- Understand the changing nature of leadership & what that asks of people
- Appreciate the multiple types of leadership contribution; in & out of the limelight
- Describe how diverse behavioural strengths equip people to both lead & follow
- Consider the role of emotional intelligence in one’s own well-being & that of others. In particular, what happens when the wheels fall off, tempers fray & relationships are strained?
- Develop a rationale for collaboration with diverse talent & consider what being an inclusive leader looks like in practice
- Leave having reflected on what being leader in an era of transformational change means for you & your firm.
- Renew your own sense of purpose & agency – Decide what permission you & others may need in order to have transformational impact.
Nicola owns and runs Athena Professional a multiple award-winning learning & development consultancy. She designs and facilitates “blended” learning to help people develop human skills for a digital age. Her work often involves supporting established professionals to develop new skills in areas outside their comfort zone. She has a particular interest in the future of legal services.
Athena Professional won the Association for Business Psychology Award for Excellence in Learning in 2016 and 2017 and 2021, were also finalists in the Learning & Performance Institute’s “Learning Provider of the Year” in 2018, and won the Lumina Learning Global Award for Excellence in Coaching & Training in 2018.
A former barrister, Nicola is a certified business psychologist, a Fellow of the Learning & Performance Institute, and an experienced executive coach. She Co-Chairs Birmingham Law Society’s Legal Tech Committee, is a leading member of #shebreaksthelaw and an Ambassador for Crafty Counsel.