Missed the London Law Expo 2015? Listen to an audio recording of Mitchell Kowalski’s live presentation at the event simply by clicking the play button above.
Presentation Title: ‘The Great Legal Reformation’
- The current changes in the legal sector are structural, not cyclical. Will these changes amplify overtime and herald the beginning of the great legal reformation
- Why those outside the traditional, private-practice lawyer establishment are beginning to question & redefine legal service delivery
- What does recent research into so-called ‘NewLaw’ law firms tell us about legal reformation
- If law firms want to be successful they need to rethink their operations / how investing in technology & process improvement will drive success
- How to find competitive advantage by creating unique client experiences
- Completing more work with fewer lawyes / allowing lawyers to be lawyers
- The end of a lawyer-dominated hierarchy.
Mitchell Kowalski, Barrister and Solicitor, Author of:
Avoiding Extinction: Reimagining Legal Services for the 21st Century
Mitchell Kowalski was recognized as a Fastcase 50 Global Legal Innovator in 2012, and he is the author of the critically acclaimed American Bar Association best-seller, Avoiding Extinction: Reimagining Legal Services for the 21st Century. The ABA will also be publishing his forthcoming book, The Great Legal Reformation, in late 2015. As a former in-house counsel, and partner at one of the world’s largest international law firms, Mitch provides a seasoned and unique perspective on the redesign of legal services delivery – one that is sought-after around the World. As a visiting professor at the University of Calgary Law School, he researches/teaches innovation in the global legal services market.