Technology Leadership and Strategy in Legal is Changing – Are You?
Masterclasses designed to support law firm leaders and managers with the knowledge and skills required to create agile and high performing teams. Offering expert advice to support businesses in developing cross functional growth strategies, with a focus on operational efficiencies, performance and growth.
- Location: The Lowry Hotel, Stream 1
- Time: 11:15 – 13:00
- Duration: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
The role of legal IT and digital leaders in firms of all shapes and sizes has been changing fast in recent years. And it seems likely that the pace at which those roles are evolving will continue to speed up. How can IT leaders balance business as usual / keeping the lights on and ensure compliance with accelerating demands for client-facing LegalTech, innovation and products. CIOs, CTOs and IT Directors are having to cope with the increased prominence and strategic significance of IT in firms (evidenced by the pandemic and the cyber threat in recent years), whilst managing rocketing expectations of almost instant response and resolution to any IT issue from users, who are now distributed and often working from home.
For legal IT and digital leaders reflection on some key questions is an essential component of maximising their impact in their roles and becoming the CIOs, CDOs and CTOs of the future:
- Where can your skills and know-how be most effectively utilised?
- How do you keep abreast of the latest developments and thinking in key technology areas, whilst ensuring the lights stay on?
- How can you evaluate your own digital maturity and readiness, and help your firm set the right strategic course for the digital future?
- What resources, support and investment do you need to maximise your positive impact and leverage your expertise?
- Who are your key allies and partners in introducing digital change to your firm and how can you work more effectively with them?
- How can you drive digital transformation and change in your business?
- How can you and your firm ensure that your technology and digital leadership is evolving to meet the changing world?
Which are the leadership, management and interpersonal skills successful IT leaders need most in this volatile and uncertain environment?
Former Global CIO at Dentons, Marcel is a recognized international technology executive and business transformation leader with over 25 years’ experience with large-scale business integration and merger in the legal services vertical. During his career, Marcel has driven the onboarding and successful Information Technology integration of over 60 law firms across all continents.
Uniquely skilled at navigating in both mature and emerging markets, Marcel founded SMART LegalTech in 2022 to provide advisory services and best-in-class software solutions to overcome the strategic and operational challenges of the most sophisticated and demanding law firms and corporate legal teams.
Daniel has spent over 35 years in the IT industry. He was CIO of DLA Piper for over 20 years and held the same position at DWF Group for 4 years. He holds a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the University of Oxford, and spent his early career in the consulting and energy industries.