Mitchell Kowalski live at the London Law Expo 2015
Missed the London Law Expo 2015? Listen to an audio recording of Mitchell Kowalski’s live presentation at the event simply by clicking the play button above.
Presentation Title: ‘The Great Legal Reformation’
- The current changes in the legal sector are structural, not cyclical. Will these changes amplify overtime and herald the beginning of the great legal reformation
- Why those outside the traditional, private-practice lawyer establishment are beginning to question & redefine legal service delivery
- What does recent research into so-called ‘NewLaw’ law firms tell us about legal reformation
- If law firms want to be successful they need to rethink their operations / how investing in technology & process improvement will drive success
- How to find competitive advantage by creating unique client experiences
- Completing more work with fewer lawyes / allowing lawyers to be lawyers
- The end of a lawyer-dominated hierarchy.
Mitchell Kowalski, Barrister and Solicitor, Author of:
Avoiding Extinction: Reimagining Legal Services for the 21st Century
Mitchell Kowalski was recognized as a Fastcase 50 Global Legal Innovator in 2012, and he is the author of the critically acclaimed American Bar Association best-seller, Avoiding Extinction: Reimagining Legal Services for the 21st Century. The ABA will also be publishing his forthcoming book, The Great Legal Reformation, in late 2015. As a former in-house counsel, and partner at one of the world’s largest international law firms, Mitch provides a seasoned and unique perspective on the redesign of legal services delivery – one that is sought-after around the World. As a visiting professor at the University of Calgary Law School, he researches/teaches innovation in the global legal services market.