REMINDER: All pupillages must be advertised on the Pupillage Gateway (1)
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) reminds members of the Bar that pupillages must be advertised on the Pupillage Gateway website so as to ensure that all prospective pupils have equal access to this information.
All vacancies must be advertised on the Pupillage Gateway website – regardless of whether or not they are then separately advertised in the Pupillage Handbook.
- the name and address of chambers;
- the number of tenants;
- a brief statement of the work done by chambers, eg, “predominantly criminal”;
- the number of pupillage vacancies;
- the level of award;
- the procedure for applying;
- the minimum educational or other qualifications required;
- the closing date for applications; and
- the date by which the decisions will be made.
The forms can be found here:
Chambers’ compliance with this obligation will be monitored by the BSB through the supervision team.
For more information please get in touch with the supervision team via email@example.com.