Winning Together – Using The Opportunities That Legal Operations and Client Journey Mapping Brings.
- Location: The Lowry Hotel, Stream 1
- Time: 16:00 – 17:30
- Duration: 1.5 Hours
A course designed to help law firms understand what clients want and enable them understand the opportunities this brings to their firm.
The course distils best practice from Lean and Business of Law methodologies to identify and resolve opportunities across the customer journey.
The 1.5 hour immersive learning experience is based around case study where the attendees will help uncover the issues and opportunities with a fictional law firm.
- Understand what customers want from a legal following the rise of legal operations
- Appreciate how customer journey mapping can enable law firms to understand the issues and opportunities from a customer lens
- Use lean and business tools like transformation maps, impact effort matrices and project management tools.
- Understand the key aspects of the customer journey pertaining to a law firm
- Map the opportunities and risks that exist on the customer journey
- Use lean and business tools to identify high impactful opportunities
- Understand current and future state mapping
- Understand transformation mapping and visual management
Mo Zain Ajaz
Founder of LEx360 – a holistic legal operations consultancy
Supporting busy General Counsel and Law Firms in their pursuits of excellence in the business of law – from strategy, delivery to continuous improvement. Proven results in creating effective legal functions by achieving end to end efficiencies and optimisation through the use of lean methodologies, data and legal technology. Legal Operations/Legal Lean coach, tutor and author.
Previously General Counsel of National Grid Property and Global Head of Legal Operational Excellence
A member of the Leadership Team with responsibility for strategy, planning, performance, change and improvement across the Global Legal function. Accountability for National Grid’s Operational Excellence programmes across the function
MBA and MSc dissertations focussed on optimising legal operations from embedding strategy to win-win supplier arrangements.
• Acknowledged for work in Operations and Procurement in the GC Powerlist 2020
• Voted Individual of the Year: Legal Operations 2019 by the Legal 500
• Voted ‘the Purchaser’ [1 of 6 role models for corporate counsel] by Financial Times in 2018
• Voted 2017 Hot100 Lawyer by the Lawyer Magazine
• MBA from Warwick University and MSc in Lean Enterprise from University of Buckingham.
• Keen interest in exploring Lean, Operational and Process Excellence in the legal market.
• Faculty member and coach for the Legal Lean Sigma Institute
• Advisory Board Member of Aston University Law school.